This guitar has a long construction history. It was a cypress-spruce narrow body guitar. I started it about three years ago. It was planned it as a flamenco guitar, but before it’s completion a problem due to the quality on the cypress, made me change my mind. So, it ended up a figured maple back and sides guitar
I thought this is the moment to put that theory on practice. So, I replace the sides and the back of the guitar without taking apart the bindings of the top. The reason being the top had finish and some coloration due to the natural oxidation of the lightly finish wood. If hard enough to perfectly fit the bindings tight against the sides, I was about to know how hard is to fit the sides to the bindings.
Because that backward procedure, this guitars has some slight cosmetics imperfections in some areas in the bindings, I’d say barely perceptible for the untrained eyes.
This operation was only possible because hot hide glue. If other glues had been used, every surface, tentellons included would had to be scraped and cleaned to reglue them.